The Robinswood Primary Academy Trust is currently seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support a pupil with special educational needs at Waterwells Primary Academy. The successful applicants will be deployed to support a pupil with an EHC Plan in upper Key Stage 2. The role of the SEN Teaching Assistant will include supporting the child on a 1:1 basis, within small group and whole class situations.
The successful candidate needs to:
- be an excellent practitioner
- have high expectations of all children
- have excellent behaviour management skills
- have a strong commitment to raising standards whilst also being able to make learning fun
- be able to work well as part of a team
- have an understanding of the needs of all children and supportive of the Thrive approach in supporting children with emotional and behavioural needs.
We welcome applications from people who are committed to making a difference to children’s education, can work as part of a team and also use their own initiative.
This successful candidate will need to hold a relevant Level 3 qualification, i.e. NVQ or equivalent.
Details of the post are as follows:
Hours: 15 hours per week (TA) and 2.5 hours lunchtime supervision
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 1.15pm
Contract: Temporary (Linked to specific SEN funding)
GRADE: F (Teaching Assistant): Points (17-22) £17,547 – £20,456 pa pro rata
C (Lunchtime Supervision): Points (7-11) £16,495 -£17,007 pa pro rata
Closing Date: Friday 14th December 2018 (1pm)
Interview Date: TBC
To apply for this position please email your completed application to email@example.com